Sunday, December 16, 2012

Your point is?

Well the other day I was texting my one friend Nathan, and he said I was being stupid. At the same time I was still confused and since I replied with the same question, and am blonde he said the "well you're blonde so you do have an excuse for being stupid." My reply was "you're black, so what's your point?" Which thus caused him to say "you're racist". Now, what get's me is many blacks say "you're racist" whenever something like this happens, and I don't really understand how stating his race is racist! Especially since he implied that since I was blonde I was stupid! What is with American society and these double standards?!

Don't get me wrong, Nathan is the sweetest person you will ever meet! He is like a teddy bear! So much so Cynthia and I fight over him and his cuteness! I just though that this was a funny conversation and wanted to share!

2 comments:

  1. I agree Taylor, that what you said was not racist. Racism is defined as racial prejudice or discrimination. However, you were just implying that he was simply an individual who happens to have dark skin. You never said anything negative about him relating his race, so I believe that racism was the not the proper term for this situation. In addition, Nathan was the one who was stereotyping you by implying that you are blonde, therefore you are stupid. But you are right, after all, Nathan is a very kind person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AT TIMES HE IS A VERY NICE PERSON.. only at times...

      Delete